Search This Blog

May 19, 2015

True Stories From Employees Who Made A Horrible First Impression At Work

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. But what if that first impression is at work? Here are two stories from employees who made a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad first impression at their jobs. As you’ll see, their reasons were very different. But don’t worry, they both have happy endings.

Robert Sollars was hired in 2001 as a supervisor at a security company in Kansas. Here’s how he tells his story:
The office manager didn’t think too much about it at all until she got a call from my now ex-wife. My ex told her all sorts of stories about me and how I was so mean and cruel and she was disabled. She actually ranted for about 20 minutes according to Mindy. From that point on, she thought I was just the worst sort of crumb bum that they could have hired.
Her attitude changed over the next few months and now, even 11 years later and I’ve move to Arizona she is one of my best friends. At the time she didn’t trust me nor want me around her, unless it was absolutely mandatory that I talk to her. 
Read more: http://www.thegrindstone.com/2012/10/19/career-management/employees-who-made-horrible-first-impression-at-work-789/#ixzz3ZjUsYSqP

No comments: