Search This Blog

September 05, 2013

Town and City Vocabulary

Dear NI2 students,

This is a nice post on how to showcase your expressions referring to Town and City. Although the dialogues of the IELTS exam is not the same as our school exam, it might inspire you to talk to your partner or to elaborate your monologues.
Examiner: What is it like where you live?

Christiane: I live in a residential area of a busy town in the south of Spain … we have all the facilities you need … good public transport … a good shopping centre … it’s nice …

Examiner: Do you like living in the city?
Andrea: Yes I do … I like going out with my friends and there are lots of lively bars and restaurants within walking distance of my apartment … I’m a bit of a culture vulture as well so it’s great to have access to art exhibitions and that kind of thing …

Examiner: Do you get many tourists visiting your area?
Mandy: Not really no … I live in the inner-city and the area is a little run down … it’s basically a lot of high-rise flats and many of the shops are boarded up … so nothing to interest tourists really …
For more expressions on IELTS Vocabulary practice for Speaking click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
How are you?
I think you are OK, aren´t you?
I know about your new job, Iwould like to tell you: good luck!
From Extremadura: Congratulations!!!!!
Enjoy in your new job.
Kisses. Alexia

Unknown said...

Hi there!

Thanks for your godd wishes, Alexia. Everything is just fine. I hope you did well at your exams too.

Keep in touch!