Search This Blog

September 11, 2013

Business: Asking permission & polite requests

Hi there!

Don't miss this 6-minute English programme.
Two men talking

Making requests in a polite way is an important skill. Most people learn how to say 'please' and 'thank you' at a very young age – but what about politeness in the English-speaking workplace? What do you say if you want someone to open the window, turn down the air conditioning or tidy up the office?
Join Feifei and Neil as they argue about air-conditioning and explore the language of asking permission and making polite requests in English.

Don't forget to go over the polite language used when asking for something on the transcript.
BTW What type of officie do YOU prefer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My exam was fault, but now I am working in a public school, here in Madrid. I started yesterday but I think that as soon as posible I will be in my lovely Extremadura working in a public school.

If you have same extra time, please teach the english language to Ana Botella, maybe she need a very good teacher.
kissessssssssssssssssss
Alexia