Search This Blog

May 22, 2012

Strike today

Dear all,

I'd like to inform you that today I'm striking because I feel that if more cuts take place in Public Education, we won't have a possibility of studying in public schools and universities in the future. I firmly believe in the right of everybody, no matter their social or economic background, to be educated, i.e. everybody has the right to learn.

This protest is not only about me, at the end of the day I've already got a degree and a good education background. It's about you and the future generations to have what I had: the opportunity of studying languages and get a university degree. 

I'm terribly sorry about all those who will miss class today. But I'm thinking in the long term.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think so and I encourage you to continue with your social commitment because you are making a real sacrifice for our education in the future.

Thanks.

Yours sincerely

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi teacher,
don´t worry, I think your position is a good idea for the future of all of us.

Best Wishes

Bea

Anonymous said...

Hi M.J.
I agree with you, but I think that a lot of people don´t realize how lucky we are. Just think, How many people were in the begining of the course and how many people are now? In my opinion they don't now that privite school of english are very expensive and the way of teaching are the same o worse than in public school...
Cris

Unknown said...

Thanks for understanding and reflecting on this important subject!