Search This Blog

May 20, 2012

Idiom: it slipped my mind

Please read the story below and then write the meaning of the English idiom. You could also try writing a sentence using the idiom.

Yesterday I had a Doctor’s appointment, but I didn’t go. The Doctor’s appointment was for 6pm. Yesterday, I finished work at 5pm and then drove home. In fact, I drove past the Doctor’s clinic, but I still didn’t remember my appointment!!! The appointment completely slipped my mind!!!!

ESL practice:
Question 1: What does the English idiom (slipped my mind) mean?
Question 2: Practice writing your own English sentence using slipped my mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slipped my mend is when I forgot anything completely.

p.e. Yesterday was your birthday, it completely slipped my mind.

A. Gallardo

Anonymous said...

Slipped my mind means is when I don't remember a important thing and suddenly the thing appears in your own mind

p.e Last week I had to lend a book and I completely slipped my mind

Javier Montero

Sarah said...

Slipped my mind: you'll have to do something in time and you forgot it completely. Later, you'll remember your oversight.

Example:

On Monday, I meant to take a flight to Madrid at 5.00 p.m. but it completely slipped my mind.